How to convert analog paper work into digital art
Unlock your creativity with paper and scissors
There’s something special about working with your hands. The feeling of cutting through paper, the way the scissors glide through the material. It’s a tactile and satisfying experience. But what if you could take that one step further?
If you’re like me, you often find yourself stuck in a rut when it comes to your creative work. You may be used to using digital tools, but there’s something about the physicality of paper and scissors that can be incredibly liberating.
When I first started working with paper and scissors, I was surprised by how easy it was to get creative. I found myself inventing new shapes and forms that I would have never been able to come up with on my computer. It was a truly unique experience, and one that helped me tap back into my creative energy.
Cut & Create with me
With scissors and paper I have found a playful and fun way to unlock my creativity and a hands-on process which is the beginning of all my creative works today. In my first Skillshare class you will join me playing and experimenting with fun and abstract paper cut out collages, starting from scratch!
Vectorizing analog paper work
Vectorizing analog paper work is a great way to bring your physical creations into the digital realm. With the right tools, you can take your cut out creations and turn them into beautiful digital art. This is a great way to share your work with others, or even use it as inspiration for future projects. Vectorization also makes it easy for artists who want to move their art online—you can easily upload digital versions of your artwork onto websites like Etsy or Redbubble so that others can enjoy it too!
With a little creativity, with your iPad and apple pencil you can easily turn your analog paper work into digital art. By vectorizing your cuts, you can create beautiful and complex designs that can be used for a variety of purposes. From invitations and cards to wall art and logos, the possibilities are endless. So what are you waiting for? Get creative with your scissors and paper today!
How to convert analog paper work into digital art using an iPad and apple pencil
Converting analog paper work into digital art using an iPad and Apple Pencil is a great way to preserve your artwork and make it easily accessible on a digital platform. Here are some steps to help you get started:
- Scan your artwork: The first step is to scan your paper artwork into your computer or tablet. You can use a scanner or take a picture of it with your phone. Make sure the image is clear and has good lighting.
- Import the image: Open your digital art software on your iPad, and import the scanned image. You can use apps like Procreate, Affinity Designer or Adobe Fresco.
- Adjust the image: Use the tools available in your digital art software to adjust the image’s brightness, contrast, and saturation. You can also crop and resize the image if necessary.
- Create a new layer: Once you’ve adjusted the image, create a new layer on top of the original image. This will allow you to draw on top of the original artwork without damaging it
- Start drawing: Now it’s time to start drawing! Use your Apple Pencil and the drawing tools available in your software to add your digital touches to the artwork. Experiment with different brushes and colors to get the desired effect. This will allow you to create crisp digital art that looks exactly like the original work; however, now it’s much easier to print on different mediums or even add color if desired!
- Save your work: Once you’re happy with your digital art, save it to your device. You can also export it in different file formats to share it with others.
Vectorizing your art is a great way to give your creativity a boost
It’s important to note that converting analog paper work into digital art can take some time to master. Don’t be discouraged if your first attempts don’t turn out as expected. Practice and experiment with different techniques and tools to find what works best for you.
I encourage readers to try out these techniques themselves! You never know what kind of amazing digital art you can create from your old paper artwork. Plus, it’s a fun and creative way to learn how to use your iPad and Apple Pencil to make beautiful artwork.
So don’t let getting creative with scissors and paper be limited by the physical world—vectorizing your analog artwork is an easy way to ensure its legacy lives on in the digital world as well. Who knows—your vectorized art might end up inspiring someone else one day too!
By converting your analog artwork into digital vector files, you can open up a whole new world of possibilities for how you use and share your work. Whether you’re looking to create digital products or simply want to share your work online, vectorizing is a great way to give your creativity a boost.